We are overjoyed to be providing in-person instruction again in our Catholic schools. We are thankful, too, for the tools that make remote learning possible when it’s necessary.
In order to continue providing the benefits of in-person instruction during the pandemic, it’s important for all of us to stay committed to the safety protocols outlined in our diocesan and school-specific plans. While this commitment can be inconvenient or difficult at times, we can make these trials an offering to our Lord.
With a simple prayer, we can unite these efforts to the cross of Christ. For example, we could pray, "Jesus, I offer wearing this mask up to you, and ask that you keep the members of our school community healthy.” We can pray for any intention in this way while going about these efforts to promote the common good.
- When the morning drop-off line takes longer and we choose to wait patiently, we do it for Christ
- When we wake up earlier to take our children's temperatures each morning before school, we do it for Christ
- When we take a day off from work to stay home with a child who might be sick, we do it for Christ
- When we explain to our children why special events are canceled or altered, we do it for Christ
- When we learn new routines and pack new school supplies, we do it for Christ
When we do something for our brothers and sisters, especially those most in need, we also do it for Him. As Christ says, "whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me" (Matthew 25: 40).
We invite you to make or renew your commitment to our shared effort, and encourage others to join, by using #DoItForHim.
It's that simple. Supernatural grace is the beautiful result, while each of us has the opportunity to grow in virtue.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Grand Rapids are an alliance of 31 vibrant learning communities (26 elementary and five high schools) serving more than 6,340 preschool through 12th grade students throughout West Michigan. Our schools inspire young people to grow in Catholic faith and grace, achieve more in school and life, develop creativity and character, and feel welcomed and cherished for their unique gifts. We partner with parents to awaken the whole child to a world of light and life — that grows better and brighter when children reach their potential.