This spring, 350 students are graduating from the five Catholic high schools in the Diocese of Grand Rapids: Catholic Central, Sacred Heart Academy, and West Catholic in Grand Rapids; Muskegon Catholic Central; and Portland St. Pat’s.
These talented students have a lot to be proud of, especially demonstrating so much success during the COVID-19 pandemic. We congratulate them on their achievements and we pray for God’s blessing on their future endeavors!
Check out some of the graduates' accomplishments (also summarized in this infographic):
- 99% graduation rate
- 95% of graduates attending college in the fall
- $9,670,171 in accepted scholarships (student-reported totals as of May 28)
- $28,953 in average accepted scholarships per college-bound graduate (based on student-reported totals)
- 1 graduate entering seminary
- 8 graduates entering military service
- 8 graduates entering skilled trades
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Grand Rapids are an alliance of 31 vibrant learning communities (26 elementary and five high schools) serving more than 6,000 preschool through 12th grade students throughout West Michigan. Our schools inspire young people to grow in Catholic faith and grace, achieve more in school and life, develop creativity and character, and feel welcomed and cherished for their unique gifts. We partner with parents to awaken the whole child to a world of light and life — that grows better and brighter when children reach their potential.